Covid-19 Vaccine and Testing
Seniors ages 65 and older, and frontline healthcare workers, call (866) 201-6313 to request a Covid-19 Vaccine appointment. For those requiring TTY access, the phone number is (833) 476-1526.
Please review additional information regarding the Covid-19 Walk-up Testing at the Miramar Youth Enrichment Center.
- Test site hours: 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. or until site has reached maximum daily testing capacity
- Based on volume of patients which fluctuates daily, site closing time also fluctuates daily. We recommend patients arrive early.
- Miramar offers two types of covid-19 tests: PCR and Rapid/Antigen tests.
- Due to limited supplies and to ensure availability for all, patients may only get one test per day.
- PCR test (usually the test required for travel) results available within 72 hours.
- Rapid/Antigen test results available within approximately 90 minutes.
- Both tests are conducted using a nasal swab technique.
- Vehicular Traffic Waiting Line - depending on volume of patients, wait times vary up to 3 hours.
- Once vehicles are parked within test site parking lot, patients are to remain in their vehicle until instructed by Security staff to exit the vehicle, at which time they will be directed to registration line, followed by testing.
- Miramar site has had an ongoing issue with patients parking in the Publix shopping center parking lot to the East and then walking across the street to the walk-up pedestrian line to skip the car line.
- No COVID Test parking in Publix/Shopping Center parking lot/violators may be towed.
Broward JIC Snapshot #7: Scheduling a Vaccination Appointment by Phone
EASY NEW WAY TO SCHEDULE A VACCINATION APPOINTMENT!
The Florida Department of Health in Broward (DOH-Broward) is now included in the State’s COVID-19 vaccine telephone appointment scheduling system. Appointments for COVID-19 vaccination sites operated by DOH-Broward can be scheduled using the new system starting immediately. Seniors age 65+ and frontline healthcare workers can call 866-201-6313 to request an appointment. For those requiring TTY access, the number is 833-476-1526.
When people call the appointment number, they will be asked via an automated system to enter information using their telephone keypad. Live agents will call people back to make appointments until all current appointments are filled.
People who receive their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine at DOH-Broward sites through this new appointment system will be asked to schedule their second dose through the new system.
People who received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine at DOH-Broward sites without making an appointment in this new appointment system do not need to make an appointment for their second dose. They should return to the same site on the date written on their vaccination card at the same time as they arrived for their first dose. Other than these individuals receiving their second dose, no one will be served without an appointment.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Snapshots from the Broward County COVID-19 Joint Information Center (JIC) are now posted on the Broward County website.
For Broward County, visit Broward.org/Coronavirus; or call COVID-19 Hotline at 954-357-9500.